Early Childhood Education Centers
Expert Care at 3 Locations
The Early Childhood Education Centers (ECEC) are located in Jackson, Pearl and Utica, MS. All three childcare facilities supervise and care for children. Daycare services support parents and guardians by caring for children too young to be left alone, most often children too young to attend school.
The center directors are highly trained and skilled in early childhood. All directors possess a master’s degree in early childhood education or a doctorate in early childhood education. All directors care about children, families and the community.
The Early Childhood Education Centers provide a continuous learning environment for young children and offer a safe, clean, happy, and healthy atmosphere without regard to racial, social, economic, or religious background. The ECEC also serves as a lab program for child development technology students to give them an understanding of the physical, mental social, and emotional advancement of young children, with emphasis placed on developmentally-appropriate practice in a childcare setting.
We believe that children learn best through developmentally appropriate (learning through play) practices. Since all children journey through the same stages of development at different rates, our curriculum adjusts to the needs and interests of your child. This allows children to develop physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively and to grow in their language and communication skills. A variety of learning experiences and activities are provided to promote this growth.
Field Trips & Activities
Field trips are taken to enhance the unit of study. Trips are made to the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum, Natural Science Museum, a Christmas tree farm, a pumpkin patch and the local park. The children participate in a variety of developmentally-appropriate activities, including art, dramatic play, science, manipulatives, blocks, cooking, music and reading.
Tuition, Rates, & Fees
- Infant–2 years: $130/week
- 3–4 years: $125/week
- Infant–2 years: $26/day
- 3–4 years: $25/day
- Infant–2 years: $13
- 3–4 years: $12.50
How to Enroll
- Children ages 6 weeks–4 years may be enrolled.
- The centers provide care for the children of Hinds CC students, faculty and staff first; then if space is available, community-based children may be enrolled.
- The immunization form 121 is required before admission.
- The immunization form 121 should be submitted to the center’s director when you enroll your child. You can obtain the form from their local health department or your child’s pediatrician. You can also retrieve immunization records online from the MS State Department of Health.
Hours of Operation
All centers are open:
Holidays will be posted in the early childhood education offices. The centers will observe the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Heritage Day
- Presidents Day
- Good Friday and the following Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Other days as determined by the official calendar of Hinds Community College